When I first started to travel, I didn’t know that it would become my biggest passion in the world. I know that I can’t see and do everything in the world but I can certainly make an effort to do all sorts of things that I enjoy which is why I have decided to travel around the world in a lifetime.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
In order for me to call it a true trip around the world I have set some basic guidelines for myself:
– I must set foot on all 6 inhabitable continents. (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia & Oceania)
– I must travel to all 4 Hemispheres. (North, South, East and West. Duh.)
– I must counterpoint in all 4 hemispheres. (Travel to points on exact opposite points of the world. Twice.)
– Any ocean crossings must be by boat. (Flights across any of the 5 oceans don’t count)
– Each leg of the trip can be completed in a any direction. (East to West OR West to East)
– Each leg needs to start where another ends. (Denver to NYC and then Lisbon to NYC)
Maybe you have a family or a job that you hate but these things should not be reason to stop you from doing the things that you love. I undrrstand that these may slow you down but with the way the world works with the internet and digital nomadism, you too can travel around the world in a lifetime.